We have an immediate need for an experienced Brand Planner/Strategist. The right candidate will have a history of devising plans that result in measurable, meaningful change for brands in the Consumer Packaged Goods space. Experience on either the brand or agency side in food & beverage, pet or health & beauty is necessary. Our national and international clients depend on us to help them disrupt and win in their categories. To do this, our Brand Planner/Strategist lead the agency effort to go deep, analyze and reveal challenges and growth driver opportunities, then craft an effective strategy that will drive design, message and marketing decisions. This is an exciting role for a senior-level brand advisor ready to transform the futures of our clients’ businesses.
- Independently and manage up to 3 direct reports to lead and manage strategic engagements with project and long-term clients, such as:
- Creating brand positioning
- Developing core branding elements (tone, voice and messaging)
- Creating business plans and go-to-market strategies
- Utilizing primary and secondary consumer insights to find avenues for growth within cluttered segments and categories.
- Lead in the development of marketing communication strategies and plans
- Assist with new business by participating in prospect meetings and authoring proposals
- Translate strategic direction to Creative team and guide creative as necessary
- Create and deliver compelling and well-articulated client presentations
- Oversee the delivery of on-scope, on-time and on budget, quality work
- Continuously maintain the pulse of the client with effective communication, negotiating trouble spots and early warnings
- Guide Insights team in the design, facilitation, and interpretation of research
- Methods: Online consumer panels, consumers speak workshops, shop-a-longs, IDIs, etc.
- Secondary to include utilization of Nielsen, IRI, Mintel and other resources
- Minimum of ten (10) years working as a Brand Manager, within a marketing firm, advertising agency or a business consulting co in the CPG industry
- A minimum of six (6) years specifically working within the following verticals – Food and Beverage, Pet, HBC and/or Household
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing, plus equivalent work experience. MBA a plus
- Proven record of driving business growth through both innovative and disruptive solutions
- Client management experience working with senior level clients (i.e., VP level or higher)
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Strong advocacy skills to support agency ideas and direction
- Brand or category management knowledge is a plus
- Ability to blend analytical and conceptual thinking with solid business judgment
- Skilled at logically mapping out strategic directions aligned with clients’ sales and marketing goals
- Naturally receptive to consider abstract ideas, concepts, theory, assessment and other’s input
- Proactively identifies, analyzes and solves challenges
- Gains consensus on strategic direction both internally and with clients through logical persuasion, collaboration and shared purpose
- Advanced writing and verbal communication skills, including active listening and keen observation
- Works independently and takes ownership for projects with minimal oversight
Fill out this form to apply today. We prefer a link to a complete LinkedIn profile over a resume file. Do not apply unless you are in, or willing to relocate to the Charlotte, NC area. This is not an off-site position. We are not looking to outsource or freelance this position.