We have an immediate need for an experienced Public Relations Specialist on a freelance basis. The right candidate will have a history of devising plans that result in measurable, meaningful change for our national client brands in the Consumer Packaged Goods space. Experience in food & beverage, pet or health & beauty and on a national scale is necessary. Our clients depend on us to help them disrupt and win in their categories. Experience in multi-market communications, media relations, content creation, project management and social media. Excellent writing and impressive creative thinking desired. Throw a lot of enthusiasm and a pleasant personality into the mix and you’ll be our ideal candidate.
This specialist will also help promote our own business, presence and mission, responsible for maintaining media relations and collaborating with marketing teams in promotional activities. We are preferring someone who resides in the Charlotte area and able to attend periodic meetings, presentations and work sessions.
- Formulate PR plans and strategies
- Initiate and implement blogger outreach programs
- Enhance the company’s voice and presence through online and offline channels
- Manage media relations and requests
- Write press releases, speeches and other PR copy
- Plan and supervise events, fairs, conferences etc.
- Support the implementation of promotional plans
- Present solutions in times of PR crisis
- Facilitate the resolution of disputes with the public or external vendors
- Lead survey initiatives and analyze public opinion
- Proven experience with 5-7 years as public relations specialist, within CPG and on a national scale
- Experience in project management and execution of PR campaigns and/or initiatives
- Experience in copywriting and editing
- Working knowledge of MS Office; photo and video-editing software is an asset
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with proactive approach to communication
- Aptitude in presentation and public speaking
- Persistent approach in accomplishing the means to the end
- Proficiency in English
- A creative yet practical mind
- BS/BA in PR, communications, journalism or relevant field
Fill out this form to apply today. We prefer a link to a complete LinkedIn profile over a resume file. Do not apply unless you are in, or willing to relocate to the Charlotte, NC area. This is not an off-site position. We are not looking to outsource or freelance this position.